Temporary Out of School Plan (TOS)
WNS has created a Temporarily Out of School plan (TOS) for K-8 students missing school only for the following reasons:
- Students in isolation due to a positive COVID-19 test
- Student in quarantine due to an exposure to COVID-19
- Students awaiting a negative test result after travel or other high-risk encounter
- Complete the registration form via the button below. If you know your student will be out ahead of time, please submit your request as soon as possible to avoid delays.
- With advance notice, your child should be able to begin using the TOS program immediately. When it is a same day notice, we will make every effort to get your student engaged in TOS ASAP and will do so within 24 hours.
- Students missing school are always welcome to check the classroom website (K-1) or Google Classroom (2-8) to view assignments.
- You will receive information from your child’s teacher and/or the TOS teacher (K-4 only) within 24 hours or 1 full business day.
- You will be contacted by the health office within 48 hours to determine and collect the student’s return date. To help expedite this process you may contact Chelsea Magdaleno at email@example.com with a good time to connect, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Missing school for the day due to a doctor appointment or other appointments
- Missing school while on vacation
- Missing school for 1-2 days unrelated to COVID-19
Why can it take up to 24 hours or 1 full business day to fully enter the TOS program?
WNS is committed to continuous learning in all environments. This means we need time to notify teachers, collect materials and communicate with families. Notifying the school over the weekend may result in a Tuesday start in the TOS program.
We are fortunate to have an expert in the field of virtual learning: Lori Getz, Director of Online Learning, as part of the WNS team. If you have questions regarding online learning, please reach out to your child’s teacher, or Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org.
will have a morning meeting and afternoon check-in all together, and work independently on their Seesaw activities in between.
will have a morning meeting together, work independently on Google Classroom activities, and an afternoon check-in by grade level.
will receive an email reminder for accessing assignments on Google Classroom and have a check-in with their teacher in the afternoon. Students will work independently on their Google Classroom activities and email with teachers about their classwork.
will access their class schedule on Google Calendar and assignments on Google Classroom. Google Calendar will indicate if a student is expected to Zoom into any classes each day. Students have one check-in with a teacher in the afternoon and will work independently on their Google Classroom activities and email with teachers about their classwork.